Journals and edited volumes | Call for papers
August 15, 2017
1) EAAS Women’s Network Journal: Call for contributions to their issue on “Transnational Feminism in/and American Studies“.
2) Ecozon@: European Journal of Literature, Culture and Environment. Call for papers for the Spring 2018 Issue on “Population, Ecology, and the Malthusian Imagination” (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
August 31, 2017
Katherine Mansfield Studies: Call for contributions to volume 10.
September 1, 2017
English Language Overseas Perspectives and Enquiries: ELOPE. Call for submissions for issue 14, number 2 of the journal.
September 3, 2017
Call for contributions for New Ways In Teaching With Corpora, TESOL Press. (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
September 15, 2017
1) Indialogs Spanish Journal of India Studies. Reception of submissions for issue 5 (“BODIES”) is open.
2) Call for abstracts for a special issue of the journal Ex-centric Narratives: Journal of Anglophone Literature, Culture and Media (Ex-Na): War in Culture
3) Call for Chapters: Edited collection on the writing of Marilynne Robinson. This is a second call for chapters that aims at specific aspects of Robinson’s work. Please check the link for more information.
September 25, 2017
Call for proposals for a collection of essays: (Re)defining Gender in Early Modern British Drama (1550-1700): Power, Sexualities and Ideologies in Text and Performance (tentative title – To be published 2018). (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
October 1, 2017
1) Ecozon@: European Journal of Literature, Culture and Environment. Call for papers for the Autumn 2018 Issue on “Myth- and Eco- Criticism: A Natural Encounter”
2) The Winter 2017 issue of The ESSE Messenger calls for submissions for “Jane Austen Ours”
October 15, 2017
1) Cuadernos de Investigación Filológica. Reception of submissions for issue 44 (to be published 2018) is open.
2) aspeers (graduate-level peer-reviewed journal of European American studies). Call for papers for issue 11 for both the general section and the topical focus dossier on “Alternative Americas”
October 30, 2017
Body, Voice and Language Learning in Higher Education: Call for contributions Volume 37 No 2 (to be published June 2018) of The Journal Researching and Teaching Languages for Specific Purposes
October 31, 2017
1) Call for papers for the three issues of EJES to be published in 2019: Narratives of Religious Conversion from the Enlightenment to the Present, Fact and Fiction in Contemporary Narratives, Shame and Shamelessness.
2) Call for papers for Volume 8 of the Journal of Early Modern Studies to be published in 2019: Beyond Books and Plays. Cultures and Practices of Writing in Early Modern Theatre
November 1, 2017
1) Call For Papers for issue 13 of Estudios Irlandeses – the scholarly journal of the Spanish Association for Irish Studies (AEDEI): “New Perspectives of Irish Folklore”, to be published in March 2018.
2) The Journal of Festive Studies: call for submissions for its first issue, to be published in March 2018.
3) The Journal of American Studies of Turkey (JAST), the biannual print and on-line publication of the American Studies Association of Turkey (ASAT) calls for contributions for its Spring 2018 issue.
4) Staging motherhood and mothers in British drama across centuries: call for contributions for a thematic volume (publisher to be decided)
5) The Underground Railroad(s): History, Myth and Representations: Call for Papers for Lisa e-Journal
6) (Im)possible Worlds: Call for papers for the Journal of Philology and Intercultural Communication.
7) The academic journal Concordia Discors vs Discordia Concors: Researches into Comparative Literature, Contrastive Linguistics, Cross-Cultural and Translation Strategies calls for contributions for issues #9 and #10. (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
November 13, 2017
Call ofor proposals for crime fiction collection: A Study in Sidekicks: The Detective’s Assistant in Crime Fiction.
November 15, 2017
1) Replaying Gone with the Wind and the New Souths. Call for Papers for a special issue of The Southern Quarterly. (Publication Schedule: Volume 55, nos. 3/4 (Spring/Summer 2018))
2) Archivum: Call for papers for issue #67 (January/February 2018)
3) “Scottish Kitsch”: call for paper proposals for a special issue of Scottish Studies / Études écossaises, to be published in 2018.
November 30, 2017
ES Review. Spanish Journal of English Studies. Call for submissions, Issue 39 (2018).
December 1, 2017
December 15, 2017
“Mediations of Authorship in American Postdramatic Mediaturgies”: The American Theatre and Drama Society invites submissions for the Spring 2018 issue of The Journal of American Drama and Theatre.
December 31, 2017
Clcweb: Comparative Literature and Culture 20.6: Call for contributions to a special issue on Gendered bodies in transit: between vulnerability and resistance (Date of publication: December 2018).
January 15, 2018
Call for proposals: Black Womanhood in Popular Culture, Open Cultural Studies, Peer-Reviewed Journal by De Gruyter Open.
February 15, 2018
HJEAS (Hungarian Journal of English and American Studies) seeks essay submissions for a thematic section of a 2019 issue on “The 20th and 21st Century Irish Literatures between Realism and Experimentation.”
March 1, 2018
Industrial Heritage in the UK : Mutations, Conversions and Representations: Call for contributions to an issue of LISA e-journal.