Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
After a pleasant and fruitful conference in Alicante, we are already looking forward to our next conference in Santander. Hope to see you all there!
- Pilar Cuder recibe el Premio a los Valores Constitucionales - Nos complace informaros de que nuestra compañera de la Universidad de Huelva, Pilar Cuder Domínguez, ha recibido el Premio Martín Alonso Pinzón a los Valores Constitucionales por su labor docente[...]
- David Thelen Award to the best article on American history written in a language other than English - DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAY 1, 2021 Awarded biennially by the Organization of American Historians, the David Thelen Award honors the best article on American history written in[...]
- Willi Paul Adams Award to the author of the best book on American history published in a language other than English - DEADLINE: SUBMISSIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MAY 1, 2020 The Willi Paul Adams Award is given biennially by the Organization of American Historians to the author of the best book[...]
- 2019 Gilder Lehrman Scholarly Fellowship - Scholarly Fellowship Program Apply now for a 2019 Gilder Lehrman Fellowship The Gilder Lehrman Institute offers annual short-term research fellowships of $3000 each to doctoral candidates, college and university faculty at every[...]
- Pilar García Mayo nombrada editora de Language Reaching Research - El pasado mes de setiembre, nuestra compañera de la Universidad de País Vasco, Pilar García Mayo, fue nombrada editora de la prestigiosa revista Language Reaching Research, puesto que comparte con[...]