Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
In November 2018 the Association will celebrate its 42nd Annual Conference, which will be organized by the Department of English and Philology at the University of Córdoba. If you wish to submit an abstract proposal for 42nd AEDEAN Conference in Córdoba (7-9 November 2018), you will find further information on ‘Next conference’ and then, click on LOGIN.
- Terra Foundation for American Art International Essay Prize (call for submissions) - The Terra Foundation for American Art International Essay Prize recognizes excellent scholarship by a non-U.S. citizen working in the field of historical American art. Manuscripts should advance the understanding of[...]
- CFP Lehman College of the City University of New York: “Economic Imaginaries in the Literature and Cinema of Spain and Latin America” - The Spanish section of the Department of Languages and Literatures of Lehman College of the City University of New York, invites you to the Symposium “Economic Imaginaries in the Literature[...]
- 2019 Eccles Centre for American Studies: call for applications now open - The Eccles Centre for American Studies invites applications from researchers from any disciplinary or creative background to spend time exploring the British Library’s North American collections. We are keen to[...]
- 2019 Charles C. Eldredge Prize Call for Nominations - The Smithsonian American Art Museum is now accepting nominations for the 2019 Charles C. Eldredge Prize. The prize is given annually by the museum for outstanding scholarship in the field[...]
- Start-up grants, Doctoral Program in Literary Studies, University of Basel - Start-up Grant of the Doctoral Program Literary Studies The Doctoral Program Literary Studies of the University of Basel calls for applications for three one-year start-up grants of CHF 30,000 each[...]