Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Due to the lack of certainty over the impact of the pandemic in the coming months, the 44th AEDEAN Conference will be held online on 24-26 November, 2021.
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
We are already engaged in the preparations for AEDEAN’S 44th conference in Santander. You will find all the information in the conference webpage.
- Release of the Corpus of Contemporary English Legal Decisions, 1950-2021 (CoCELD) - We are pleased to announce the release of a new, specialized linguistic corpus, the Corpus of Contemporary English Legal Decisions., 1950-2021 (CoCELD). CoCELD has been compiled by Paula Rodríguez-Puente and[...]
- Three members of AEDEAN invited to deliver parallel lectures in ESSE - Three members of AEDEAN have been invited to submite a parallel lecture at the next ESSE conference: Rosario Arias, University of Málaga, «Spain Embodied Recognition and the Act of Reading:[...]
- Upcoming deadlines for ESSE activities - This is a reminder of the upcoming deadlines for ESSE activities: Call for papers for posters, round tables and seminars for the ESSE-16 conference: 31 January 2022 Book Awards: 1[...]
- News about the European Journal of English Studies - Dear ESSE Members, We, the general editors of the European Journal of English Studies are delighted that Taylor & Francis is now offering a reduced individual subscription rate to members of the ESSE community. We hope that[...]
- Messenger 31.1 (Summer 2021) published - A new Messenger issue (30-1 Summer 2021) has just been published online. This issue, devoted to language change, has been co-edited by our colleague Laura Esteban Segura, the new editor[...]