Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is “to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
After our last conference at the University of Cantabria, we are already engaged in the preparations for AEDEAN’s 45th conference in Cáceres. The conference website is already available at https://eventos.unex.es/78901/detail/45th-aedean-conference.html
- Call for papers for 45th AEDEAN Conference in Cáceres - The CFPs for our next AEDEAN Conference, which will take place in Cáceres, is now open. Check our website and send your proposals by May 31, 2022.
- José María Armengol, Premio de Investigación e Innovación en Artes y Humanidades de Castilla-La Mancha - Nos complace informar de que el Dr. José María Armengol, socio de AEDEAN y Catedrático de Estudios Ingleses de la Universidad de Castilla–a Mancha, ha sido distinguido este martes con[...]
- SUNCODAC (the Santiago University Corpus of Online Discussions in Academic Settings) is now available - SUNCODAC (the Santiago University Corpus of Online Discussions in Academic Settings) is now openly available to all members of the research community. The corpus, with a detailed description of the[...]
- Release of the Corpus of Contemporary English Legal Decisions, 1950-2021 (CoCELD) - We are pleased to announce the release of a new, specialized linguistic corpus, the Corpus of Contemporary English Legal Decisions., 1950-2021 (CoCELD). CoCELD has been compiled by Paula Rodríguez-Puente and[...]
- Three members of AEDEAN invited to deliver parallel lectures in ESSE - Three members of AEDEAN have been invited to submite a parallel lecture at the next ESSE conference: Rosario Arias, University of Málaga, «Spain Embodied Recognition and the Act of Reading:[...]