Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Due to the lack of certainty over the impact of the pandemic in the coming months, the 44th AEDEAN Conference will be held online on 24-26 November, 2021.
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
We are already engaged in the preparations for AEDEAN’S 44th conference in Santander. You will find all the information in the conference webpage.
- Susana Onega: Premio Miguel Servet a la Excelencia Investigadora - Our colleague Susana Onega Jaén, former President of AEDEAN, has received the Miguel Servet Award to Research Excellence, the highest distinction given by the Government of Aragón to all fields[...]
- Fernando Galván Reula, Doctor Honoris Causa at Universitatea de Vet din Timisoara - Fernando Galván Reula, former President of AEDEAN, was invested Doctor Honoris Causa by the West University of Timisoara, Romania, on October 22, 2021. This was done in recognition of his[...]
- ESSE research support schemes for 2022 - The announcements for various ESSE research support schemes for 2022 are now posted at the ESSE website https://essenglish.org
- New ESSE Messenger editorial assistant - Ana Chapman, from the University of Malaga (Spain) has been selected as New ESSE Messenger editorial assistant.
- Doctoral Grants 2021 Graduate School of North American Studies, Freie Universität, Berlin - The Graduate School of North American Studies (GSNAS) at Freie Universität Berlin invites applications for five doctoral grants with a funding period of three years (1,350 EUR per month, 2021-2024)[...]