Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
In November 2019 the Association will celebrate its 43rd Annual Conference, which will be organized by the University of Alicante.
- 2019 Gilder Lehrman Scholarly Fellowship - Scholarly Fellowship Program Apply now for a 2019 Gilder Lehrman Fellowship The Gilder Lehrman Institute offers annual short-term research fellowships of $3000 each to doctoral candidates, college and university faculty at every[...]
- Pilar García Mayo nombrada editora de Language Reaching Research - El pasado mes de setiembre, nuestra compañera de la Universidad de País Vasco, Pilar García Mayo, fue nombrada editora de la prestigiosa revista Language Reaching Research, puesto que comparte con[...]
- Marta Mateo nombrada Directora del Observatorio de la Lengua Española y las Culturas Hispánicas en EE.UU - Nuestra compañera Marta Mateo, de la Universidad de Oviedo, fue nombrada por el Instituto Cervantes Directora del Observatorio de la Lengua Española y las Culturas Hispánicas en EE.UU. Este observatorio es fruto[...]
- Terra Foundation for American Art International Essay Prize (call for submissions) - The Terra Foundation for American Art International Essay Prize recognizes excellent scholarship by a non-U.S. citizen working in the field of historical American art. Manuscripts should advance the understanding of[...]
- CFP Lehman College of the City University of New York: “Economic Imaginaries in the Literature and Cinema of Spain and Latin America» - The Spanish section of the Department of Languages and Literatures of Lehman College of the City University of New York, invites you to the Symposium “Economic Imaginaries in the Literature[...]