Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
The 44th AEDEAN Conference will be held on 24-26 November, 2021. If the pandemic situation improves, the conference will take place in Cantabria, with physical meetings; if not, there will be an online format. We hope that in June, in view of the available data, a final decision can be announced.
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
We are already engaged in the preparations for AEDEAN’S 44th conference in Santander. You will find all the information in the conference webpage.
- New ESSE Messenger editorial assistant - Ana Chapman, from the University of Malaga (Spain) has been selected as New ESSE Messenger editorial assistant.
- Doctoral Grants 2021 Graduate School of North American Studies, Freie Universität, Berlin - The Graduate School of North American Studies (GSNAS) at Freie Universität Berlin invites applications for five doctoral grants with a funding period of three years (1,350 EUR per month, 2021-2024)[...]
- Premios de investigación ESSE - Se han fallado y entregado los premios que ESSE otorga cada dos años a libros de investigación en diferentes categorías y me complace informaros de que algunas de nuestras compañeras[...]
- Willi Paul Adams award for the best book on American history published in a language other than English - Willi Paul Adams Award DEADLINE: SUBMISSIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MAY 2, 2022 Willi Paul Adams The Willi Paul Adams Award is given biennially by the Organization of American Historians[...]
- David Thelen Award for the best article on American history written in a language other than English - David Thelen Award DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY MAY 1, 2021 Awarded biennially by the Organization of American Historians, the David Thelen Award honors the best article on American[...]