Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
In November 2018 the Association will celebrate its 42nd Annual Conference, which will be organized by the Department of English and Philology at the University of Córdoba. If you wish to submit an abstract proposal for 42nd AEDEAN Conference in Córdoba (7-9 November 2018), you will find further information on ‘Next conference’ and then, click on LOGIN.
- OAH (Organization of American Historians): David Thelen and Willi Paul Adams Awards - Please, found the announcements for the 2020 David Thelen Award and the 2021 Willi Paul Adams Award below. The announcements are available on the OAH website: http://www.oah.org/programs/awards/david-thelen-award/ http://www.oah.org/programs/awards/willi-paul-adams-award/
- HCA Spring Academy conference on American Culture, Economics, Geography, History, Literature, Politics & Religion - The Heidelberg Center for American Studies (HCA) invites applications from international Ph.D. students for its fifteenth annual HCA Spring Academy conference on American Culture, Economics, Geography, History, Literature, Politics &[...]
- Inaugural Issue of WiN: The EAAS Women’s Network Journal - Dear Colleagues, It is with great pleasure that we announce the publication of the inaugural issue of WiN: The EAAS Women’s Network Journal. Our online, open access first issue, which[...]
- 2019 Franz Steiner Prize Announcement for Transatlantic History in the field of North American Studies - In cooperation with the Steiner Verlag in Stuttgart, the German Historical Institute Washington every two years awards the Franz Steiner Prize for Transatlantic History. The prize honors an outstanding scholarly[...]
- Fernando Galván, expresidente de AEDEAN, recibe la Orden del Imperio Británico - Nos es muy grato informar de que el pasado miércoles tuvo lugar el acto en el que nuestro compañero Fernando Galván, expresidente de AEDEAN, recibió la Orden del Imperio Británico[...]