Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is
“to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
In November 2018 the Association will celebrate its 42nd Annual Conference, which will be organized by the Department of English and Philology at the University of Córdoba.
- Developing Research Skills Workshop London, UK, 10 June 2018 - The workshop is designed for students, young scholars and independent researchers who would like to improve their academic research skills in order to succeed in studies and in career. Flexible[...]
- Start-up Grant of the Doctoral Program “Literary Studies” (Uni Basel) - Start-up Grant of the Doctoral Program “Literary Studies” The Doctoral Program “Literary Studies” of the University of Basel calls for applications for two one-year start-up grants of CHF 30,000 (duration:[...]
- 9th Annual Hippocrates Poetry and Medicine Symposium Chicago, USA, 10-11 May 2018 - The symposium is organised annually by the Hippocrates Initiative, based at the University of Warwick (UK): Department of English and Comparative Literary Studies, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK[...]
- Narratives of Power and Empowerment – An international conference organized by the Tunisian Association for English Language Studies (TAELS) - The manifestations of power in history, society, culture, science, international relations and politics are multi-faceted. Power has always been an integral dynamic of human relations, forms of government and domination,[...]
- Terra Foundation for American Art Fellowships and Grants - Apply now for Terra Foundation for American Art Academic Awards, Fellowships and Grants. APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 15, 2018 RESEARCH AND TEACHING Research Travel Grants to the United States[...]