Journals and edited volumes | Call for papers
October 1, 2017
Ecozon@: European Journal of Literature, Culture and Environment. Call for papers for the Autumn 2018 Issue on “Myth- and Eco- Criticism: A Natural Encounter”
October 15, 2017
1) Cuadernos de Investigación Filológica. Reception of submissions for issue 44 (to be published 2018) is open.
2) aspeers (graduate-level peer-reviewed journal of European American studies). Call for papers for issue 11 for both the general section and the topical focus dossier on “Alternative Americas”
3) LondonIsOpen: London as a Cosmopolitan City in Contemporary Culture: call for proposals for the November 2018 issue of Other Modernities (#20)
October 29, 2017
The Winter 2017 issue of The ESSE Messenger calls for submissions for “Jane Austen Ours” (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
October 30, 2017
Body, Voice and Language Learning in Higher Education: Call for contributions Volume 37 No 2 (to be published June 2018) of The Journal Researching and Teaching Languages for Specific Purposes
October 31, 2017
1) Call for papers for the three issues of EJES to be published in 2019: Narratives of Religious Conversion from the Enlightenment to the Present, Fact and Fiction in Contemporary Narratives, Shame and Shamelessness.
2) Call for papers for Volume 8 of the Journal of Early Modern Studies to be published in 2019: Beyond Books and Plays. Cultures and Practices of Writing in Early Modern Theatre
3) Call for proposals for the forthcoming issue of Journal MuseumEdu on: Museums in literature – Literature in museums.
November 1, 2017
1) Call For Papers for issue 13 of Estudios Irlandeses – the scholarly journal of the Spanish Association for Irish Studies (AEDEI): “New Perspectives of Irish Folklore”, to be published in March 2018.
2) The Journal of Festive Studies: call for submissions for its first issue, to be published in March 2018.
3) The Journal of American Studies of Turkey (JAST), the biannual print and on-line publication of the American Studies Association of Turkey (ASAT) calls for contributions for its Spring 2018 issue.
4) Staging motherhood and mothers in British drama across centuries: call for contributions for a thematic volume (publisher to be decided)
5) (Im)possible Worlds: Call for papers for the Journal of Philology and Intercultural Communication.
6) The academic journal Concordia Discors vs Discordia Concors: Researches into Comparative Literature, Contrastive Linguistics, Cross-Cultural and Translation Strategies calls for contributions for issues #9 and #10. (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
November 13, 2017
Call for proposals for crime fiction collection: A Study in Sidekicks: The Detective’s Assistant in Crime Fiction.
November 15, 2017
November 24, 2017
English Studies and Digital Humanities: call for paper proposals for a special issue of Représentations dans le monde anglophone
November 30, 2017
1) ES Review. Spanish Journal of English Studies. Call for submissions, Issue 39 (2018).
2) HJEAS (Hungarian Journal of English and American Studies): Call for essay submissions for a thematic section: The Afterlives of Modernism: modernist continuities in contemporary English-language fiction (Fall 2018).
December 1, 2017
1) Foodways in the South. Call for Papers for a special issue of The Southern Quarterly. (Publication Schedule: Volume 56, no. 1 (Fall 2018))
2) Replaying Gone with the Wind and the New Souths. Call for Papers for a special issue of The Southern Quarterly. (Publication Schedule: Volume 55, nos. 3/4 (Spring/Summer 2018)) (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
December 15, 2017
1) “Mediations of Authorship in American Postdramatic Mediaturgies”: The American Theatre and Drama Society invites submissions for the Spring 2018 issue of The Journal of American Drama and Theatre.
2) OK Computer, twenty years on: Radiohead’s musical, cultural, and political legacies: Call for contributions to a special issue of LISA e-journal.
December 30, 2017
December 31, 2017
Clcweb: Comparative Literature and Culture 20.6: Call for contributions to a special issue on Gendered bodies in transit: between vulnerability and resistance (Date of publication: December 2018).
January 10, 2018
The Underground Railroad(s): History, Myth and Representations: Call for Papers for Lisa e-Journal (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
January 15, 2018
1) Call for proposals: Black Womanhood in Popular Culture, Open Cultural Studies, Peer-Reviewed Journal by De Gruyter Open.
2) Marx, Semiotics and Political Praxis: Call for contributions to a special issue of Open Cultural Studies, De Gruyter Open.
3) Geomedia and the City: Call for contributioosn to a special issue of Open Cultural Studies, De Gruyter Open.
4) G. Ballard and Making: Call for contributions to a special issue of Open Cultural Studies, De Gruyter Open.
February 1, 2018
Myth, Fantasy and Magic: Call for papers for Amaltea vol. 10 (Oct. 2018).
February 15, 2018
HJEAS (Hungarian Journal of English and American Studies) seeks essay submissions for a thematic section of a 2019 issue on “The 20th and 21st Century Irish Literatures between Realism and Experimentation.”
February 28, 2018
Contemporary African and Black Diasporic Spaces in Europe: Call for contributions to a special issue of Open Cultural Studies, De Gruyter Open.
March 1, 2018
Industrial Heritage in the UK : Mutations, Conversions and Representations: Call for contributions to an issue of LISA e-journal.