Journals and edited volumes | Call for papers
September 14, 2020
September 15, 2020
1) Orientation and Recognition in Contemporary Illness Narratives: call for abstracts for a special issue of Prose Studies (date of publication: September 2021).
2) Acotaciones, Revista de Investigación y Creación Teatral de la Real Escuela Superior de Arte Dramático calls for constributions for its July-December 2020 issue.
3) Theatre and Performance Studies in English: call for contributions for a special issue of Revista Alicantina de Estudios Ingleses (date of publication: July 2021)
4) Religion, Mobilities and Belonging in Contemporary Anglophone Literature and Film/TV Series Production, call for papers for a special issue of Ex-Centric Narratives: Journal of Anglophone Literature, Culture and Media (to be published December 2021).
September 30, 2020
1) European Popular Literatures and Their Sociocultural Implications: call for proposals for a special issue of CompLit: Journal of European Literature, Arts and Society, the Journal of the European Society of Comparative Literature (to be published June-July 2021)
2) Wounds of the body and the soul: Trauma, memory, and silences of the Irish woman in contemporary literature: call for proposals for edited volume to be published by Routledge in 2022.
3) “Watching the Watchmen:” The State of Policing in U.S. Cultural Production: call for proposals for issue #5 of JAmIt! (Journal of American Studies in Italy).
October 1, 2020
1) Representing Richard: Shakespeare and Otherness in a Global Context, special issue of Otherness: Essays and Studies (to be publised early 2021).
2) Colonial Slavery in European Museums: Arts and Representations. Call for proposals for an edited volume.
October 5, 2020
La hoja verde de la lengua: Poesía angloirlandesa contemporánea [A Green Leaf of Language: Contemporary Anglo-Irish Poetry]: call for proposals for en edited e-volume published in Spanish by the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
October 15, 2020
1) Embracing the Loss of Nature: Searching for Responsibility in an Age of Crisis, Call for Papers, Thematic Issue 21.2 of COPAS: Current Objectives of Postgraduate American Studies (date of publication: April 2021)
2) Gandhi Revisited, Call for Submissions for issue #8 of Indialogs. Spanish Journal of India Studies.
3) Writing HerStories: Women’s Rock Memoirs: call for proposals for an edited collection.
October 16, 2020
1) Viral Times: Rethinking COVID-19 and HIV: call for contributions for a Special Issue of Culture, Health, and Sexuality.
2) Popular Culture as Transformative Action: Videoclips, Performances, and Speeches in US Popular Culture: Call for articles for hypotheses.org.
October 25, 2020
Narratives of American Colonization and Imperialism, call for contributions for a special issue of aspeers, the MA-level peer-reviewed print journal for American studies in Europe.
October 31, 2020
1) Call for contributions to the edited volume The Power of Greenness: Poe, Hawthorne, Melville, and American Environmentalist Discourse
2) Call for Papers for the new issue of SEDERI, #31 (to be published in the Fall of 2021).
November 1, 2020
Call for submissions for the SPELL volume Work: The Labors of Language, Culture, and History in North America.
November 15, 2020
“Make ’em cry, make ’em laugh, make ’em wait”: Sensation, mystery and detection in the Victorian novel: call for papers for the Winter 2020 issue of the ESSE Messenger.
November 30, 2020
Call for papers for issue #42 of ES Review. Spanish Journal of English Studies (to be published in 2021).
December 15, 2020
Call for papers for the special issue Evaluación de la educación digital y digitalización de la evaluación to be published in RIED (Revista Iberoamericana de la Educación Digital).
December 18, 2020
Call for abstract proposals for an edited volume: Vulnerable. Representing Vulnerability in Literature and Film (to be published in 2022).
December 31, 2020
1) ExtReme 21: Going Beyond in Post-Millennial North-American Literature and Culture, call for articles to be published in a special issue of Polish Journal for American Studies (date of publication: Fall 2021)
2) Call for contributions for the special issue Ageing as a Unique Experience: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Ageing and Later Life from Social and Humanities Perspectives to be published in the Journal Societies (to be published 2021)
January 28, 2021
Call for papers for issue #6 of Verbeia. Journal of English and Spanish Studies (to be published in April 2021)
January 31st, 2021
1) Pandemics in European Literature (20th – 21st ce.): Theory and Practice: call for papers for a special issue of Journal Interlitteraria
2) Crisis, Pandemics, and Counter-hegemony: Reading Paradigm Shifts across World Literature: call for papers for a special issue of 452ºF. Journal of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature (to be published in Juy 2021)
February 15, 2021
Strangers and Trespassers in Contemporary Women’s Crime Fiction (2000-2020): Call for papers for a special issue of Papers on Language and Literature (Southern Illinois University Edwardsville).