Journals and edited volumes | Call for papers
February 1, 2018
February 15, 2018
1) HJEAS (Hungarian Journal of English and American Studies) seeks essay submissions for a thematic section of a 2019 issue on “The 20th and 21st Century Irish Literatures between Realism and Experimentation.”
2) Call for contributions for “American Constructions of Photography / Photographic Constructions of America“, to be published in Iperstoria, Monographic Section, Spring/Summer 2018, edited by Serena Fusco and Mauro Pala (EXTENDED DEADLINE).
February 20, 2018
February 28, 2018
Contemporary African and Black Diasporic Spaces in Europe: Call for contributions to a special issue of Open Cultural Studies, De Gruyter Open.
March 1, 2018
Industrial Heritage in the UK : Mutations, Conversions and Representations: Call for contributions to an issue of LISA e-journal.
March 5, 2018
1) Mind the Gap in Tourism Discourse: Translation, Mediation, Inclusion: Call for contributions to issue n. 21 of Altre modernità/ Otras modernidades/ Autres modernités/ Other Modernities
2) Miniatures in the Early Modern Period (16th-18th c.): call for contributions to a special issue of Études Épistémè (to be published Spring 2019).
March 9, 2018
Literary Networks and Digital Media in Contemporary African Literatures: Call for contributions for a Double Guest Issue 13:3 & 13:4 of Postcolonial Text, 2018.
March 15, 2018
1) Call for chapters for an edited volume: Migration and Violence in Modern and Contemporary Culture (to be published in 2018)
2) Capitalist Aesthetics: call for contributionsfor a special issue of Open Cultural Studies, an Open Access Peer-Reviewed Journal (De Gruyter) (to be published in 2018).
March 30, 2018
The Modern Short Story and the Magazines: 1880-1950: call for proposals for an edited volume to be published by Edinburgh University Press.
March 31, 2018
Call for contributions for a peer reviewed collection: Terrible Beauties: Europe, Conflict and the Imagination in Literature and the Arts (to be published in 2019)
April 1, 2018
April 16, 2018
Brexit and the Divided Kingdom: call for contributions to a special Issue of the Journal for the Study of British Cultures.
April 22, 2018
Rewinding Global America: Nationalism and Contested Power: call for contributions for USAbroad: Journal of American History and Politics
April 30, 2018
1) Call for proposals for the volume The Ethical Grounding and Instructional Value of Storytelling, to be pubished in the Journal of Comparative Literature and Aesthetics JCLA (December 2018).
2) American Women Writers Abroad: call for papers for a special issue of Transatlantica.
May 1, 2018
1) Multi/Inter-culturalism and identity negotiation: Call for submissions for the Summer 2018 issue of the ESSE Messenger.
2) Negotiating Aging and Ageism in English-speaking Literatures, Theatre and Performance Arts: call for contributions for a dossier to be published in the Hungarian Journal of English and American Studies (HJEAS) (to be published 2019-2020).
May 15, 2018
History-changing events of the 21st Century in Drama and Fiction: Call for chapters for an edited book (working title).
May 31, 2018
Frankenstein Revived: Essays on the International Reception, Translation and Recasting of Mary Shelley’s Novel: call for contributions for a collection of essays (to be published by a global publisher in 2019).
June 30, 2018
Experiments in short fiction: between genre and media/La brièveté et l’expériment: entre genre et media: call for articles for the special issue of IL LI 23 (to be published in the Fall, 2018).
July 31, 2018
Revista de Estudios Norteamericanos (REN), VOL 22 (2018)
August 1, 2018
September 14, 2018
Identity Broodings and Inter-Referential Pathways in Chicana/o Culture: Call for contributions to a special issue of Ex-Centric Narratives: Journal of Anglophone Literature, Culture and Media (to be published December 2019).
October 1, 2018
Call for contributions for a special issue on Amiri Baraka for the Journal of American Studies of Turkey (JAST).
October 31, 2018
Call for papers for the three issues of EJES to be published in 2020: 1) Representing Trans; 2) Neo-Victorian Negociations of Hostility, Empathy and Hospitality; 3) Decentering Commemorations: Literary, Cultural, Historical and Political Commemorations across and beyond the British Isles
December 31, 2018
Contemporary Literature and/as Archive: call for contrbutions to a special issue of LIT: Literature Interpretation Theory.