Journals and edited volumes | Call for papers
October 1, 2020
1) Representing Richard: Shakespeare and Otherness in a Global Context, special issue of Otherness: Essays and Studies (to be publised early 2021).
2) Colonial Slavery in European Museums: Arts and Representations. Call for proposals for an edited volume.
October 5, 2020
La hoja verde de la lengua: Poesía angloirlandesa contemporánea [A Green Leaf of Language: Contemporary Anglo-Irish Poetry]: call for proposals for en edited e-volume published in Spanish by the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
October 15, 2020
1) Embracing the Loss of Nature: Searching for Responsibility in an Age of Crisis, Call for Papers, Thematic Issue 21.2 of COPAS: Current Objectives of Postgraduate American Studies (date of publication: April 2021)
2) Gandhi Revisited, Call for Submissions for issue #8 of Indialogs. Spanish Journal of India Studies.
3) Writing HerStories: Women’s Rock Memoirs: call for proposals for an edited collection.
October 16, 2020
Viral Times: Rethinking COVID-19 and HIV: call for contributions for a Special Issue of Culture, Health, and Sexuality.
October 25, 2020
Narratives of American Colonization and Imperialism, call for contributions for a special issue of aspeers, the MA-level peer-reviewed print journal for American studies in Europe.
October 30, 2020
Call for book proposals for the collection English Studies/Estudis Anglesos, Universitat de les Illes Balears. To be published in 2021.
October 31, 2020
1) Call for contributions to the edited volume The Power of Greenness: Poe, Hawthorne, Melville, and American Environmentalist Discourse
2) Call for Papers for the new issue of SEDERI, #31 (to be published in the Fall of 2021).
3) Call for contributions for issue #14 of Oceánide: Journal of the Spanish Society for the Study of Popular Culture (to be published in 2021)
November 1, 2020
1) Call for submissions for the SPELL volume Work: The Labors of Language, Culture, and History in North America.
2) Call for Papers for issue number 16 of the journal Estudios Irlandeses, to be published in March 2021.
November 15, 2020
1) “Make ’em cry, make ’em laugh, make ’em wait”: Sensation, mystery and detection in the Victorian novel: call for papers forthe Winter 2020 issue of the ESSE Messenger.
2) Popular Culture as Transformative Action:Videoclips, Performances, and Speeches in US Popular Culture: Call for articles for hypotheses.org. (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
November 30, 2020
1) Call for papers for issue #42 of ES Review. Spanish Journal of English Studies(to be published in 2021).
2) The notion of the native speaker put to the test: Recent research advances. Call for contributions for a Research Topic edited by Frontiers in Psychology and Frontiers in Communication.
December 15, 2020
Call for papers for the special issue Evaluación de la educación digital y digitalización de la evaluación to be published in RIED (Revista Iberoamericana de la Educación Digital).
December 18, 2020
Call for abstract proposals for an edited volume: Vulnerable. Representing Vulnerability in Literature and Film (to be published in 2022).
December 31, 2020
1) ExtReme 21: Going Beyond in Post-Millennial North-American Literature and Culture, call for articles to be published in a special issue of Polish Journal for American Studies (date of publication: Fall 2021)
2) Call for contributions for the special issue Ageing as a Unique Experience: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Ageing and Later Life from Social and Humanities Perspectives to be published in the Journal Societies(to be published 2021)
January 28, 2021
Call for papers for issue #6 of Verbeia. Journal of English and Spanish Studies(to be published in April 2021)
January 15, 2021
The Platinum Age of American Television: Call for proposals (2000-word outline) for an edited volume
January 31, 2021
1) Pandemics in European Literature (20th – 21st ce.): Theory and Practice: call for papers for a special issue of Journal Interlitteraria
2) Crisis, Pandemics, and Counter-hegemony: Reading Paradigm Shifts across World Literature: call for papers for a special issue of 452ºF. Journal of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature(to be published in Juy 2021)
February 1, 2021
Call for abstract proposals for edited volume Latinx Representation in Popular Culture and New Media (to be submitted to Brill’s collection European Perspectives on the United States
February 14, 2021
New Fictional Formats & Age-Old Narratives: Understanding Creative Modes of Popular Culture in the Digital Age: call for papers for a special issue of PopMeC Research Blog
February 15, 2021
1) Strangers and Trespassers in Contemporary Women’s Crime Fiction (2000-2020): Call for papers for a special issue of Papers on Language and Literature (Southern Illinois University Edwardsville).
2) Call for papers for a collection of essays: Fear, Anxiety and Crisis in Europe: A Multidisciplinary Approach.
March 31, 2021
1) Contemporary Fictions of Migration and Exile: Writing Diaspora in the 21st Century : Call for proposals for edited volume.
2) Clepsydra : Revista Internacional de Estudios Feministas y Teoría del Género. Call for submissions for forthcoming issue #22 (to be published November 2021).