Journals and edited volumes | Call for papers
October 1, 2018
1) Call for contributions for a special issue on Amiri Baraka for the Journal of American Studies of Turkey (JAST).
2) Nature, environment and environmentalism in Ireland: Call for contributions for the spring 2019 issue of Etudes Irlandaises.
October 15, 2018
American Women Writers of Detective & Crime Fiction: call for proposals for Mean Streets, a new journal focusing on North American Crime Fiction.
October 20, 2018
Identity Broodings and Inter-Referential Pathways in Chicana/o Culture: Call for contributions to a special issue of Ex-Centric Narratives: Journal of Anglophone Literature, Culture and Media (to be published December 2019). (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
October 28, 2018
October 30, 2018
1) Configuring non-Linearity: A Reassessment of Nadine Gordimer’s Art: call for proposals for issue #41.2 of Commonwealth Essays and Studies, to be published in May 2019 (abstract to be submitted by July 31st).
2) American Literary Naturalism: call for proposals for a forthcoming special issue of The New Centennial Review(Michigan State UP). (Essays will be due by December 2019 for publication in spring 2021)
3) Call for papers for the new issue of SEDERI, #29, to be published in the Fall of 2019.
October 31, 2018
1) Call for papers for the three issues of EJES to be published in 2020: 1) Representing Trans; 2) Neo-Victorian Negociations of Hostility, Empathy and Hospitality; 3) Decentering Commemorations: Literary, Cultural, Historical and Political Commemorations across and beyond the British Isles
2) Call for contributions for an edited volume of collected critical essays: Approaches to the Literary Animal.
3) Aesthetics and Terrorism: Call for articles for a special volume of Contemporary Aesthetics.
4) Black Editorship in the Early Atlantic World: call for contributions for a special issue of Atlantic Studies.
5) Whole-School Language Policies: Do They Exist?: Call for contributions for special issue of Educational Role of Language (ERL) (to be published 2018-2019).
November 1, 2018
1) Call for papers for issues 11-12 of CONCORDIA DISCORS vs DISCORDIA CONCORS: Researches into Comparative Literature, Contrastive Linguistics, Cross-Cultural and Translation Strategies (CDDC)to be published in 2019: The Id of the Underworld vs the Superego of Heaven: Psychologically-Based Approaches.
2) Call for papers for issue #14 of Estudios Irlandeses, the scholarly journal of the Spanish Association for Irish Studies (AEDEI) to be published in March 2019.
3) Call for contributions to Hélice: Reflexiones críticas sobre ficción especulativa (Autumn- Winter issue).
November 20, 2018
November 30, 2018
1) Call for submissions for issue #40 of ES Review. Spanish Journal of English Studies (to be published in 2019).
2) Restoration Fiction (1660-1714): call for contributions for a special issue (#79) of The Revista Canaria de Estudios Ingleses (RCEI)to be published November 2019.
December 1, 2018
White Supremacy in the United States: Politics, Economies, Histories, Affects, and Poetics, call for proposals for the online journal, dedicated to publishing the work of early career researchers in American Studies, Current Objectives in Postgraduate American Studies (COPAS).
December 10, 2018
Mobilities and Citizenship: Rethinking Migrations, Individual and Collective Civil Rights, and their Representations in American History and Culture from the Colonial Age to the Present. Call for contributions for a special issue of RSAJournal: Rivista di Studi Americani (to be published in 2019).
December 30, 2018
Call for abstract proposals for a special monograph on The Language of Sports and Adventure Tourism to be published in Alicante Journal of English Studies (Revista Alicantina de Estudios Ingleses) (date of publication: end of 2019).
December 31, 2018
1) Contemporary Literature and/as Archive: call for contributions to a special issue of LIT: Literature Interpretation Theory.
2) Our City or An Attempt at Exhausting a Place in Leicestershire: Call for submissions for a book about Leicestershire to be published by Dahlia Publishing.
January 1, 2019
Re-Membering Hospitality in the Mediterranean: Essays in Anglophone Literature, Arts, and Culture: Call for papers for peer-reviewed edited volume.
January 7, 2019
The Resistance: call for contributions for a special issue of SOAR (Society of Americanists Review)
January 15, 2019
Epistemocriticism of Victorian and Edwardian Literature: call for proposals for Cahiers victoriens et édouardiens, issue #90 (to be published in autumn 2019).
January 31, 2019
February 15, 2019
‘My Soul is a Witness”: Reimagining African American Women’s Spirituality and the Black Female Body in African American Literature: call for contributions for a special issue of Religions.
December 15, 2019
Decorating the Body: Gems, Jewelry, and Body Adornments in Literature, call for contributions for a special issue of Lectora: revista de dones i textualitat (to be published October 2020)