European conferences | Call for papers
January 1, 2018
Crossing Borders: Contemporary Anglophone Theatre in Europe, organized by Paris 13, Lyon 2, University Grenoble-Alpes, RADACParis, October 11- 12, 2018.
January 2, 2018
Poetry and Sound in Expanded Translation: Poetry in Expanded Translation III, Bangor University, Wales, UK, 4-6 April, 2018.
January 8, 2018
Owen and / in France, Université de Valenciennes, France, 5-6 November, 2018.
January 10, 2018
Diachronic dimensions in specialised varieties of English: implications in communications, didactics and translation studies, 9th International GERAS Conference, University of Mons, Belgium, 15-17 March, 2018.
January 15, 2018
1) Singularity and Solidarity: Literature, Arts and Society in the British Isles, 19th-20th-21st Centuries, Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3, France, 6-7 April, 2018.
2) Transfigured Voices: Vocal disorders, disruptions and impersonations, University of Caen Normandie, France, 17 May, 2018.
3) Objects in Hardy and Conrad, Rouen, France, 24-25 May, 2018.
4) Re-Imagining the Limits of the Human, 2nd International Conference on Postcolonial Theory and Practice in the 21st century, University of Rzeszów, Poland, April 12-13, 2018.
January 19, 2018
January 21, 2018
1) The Fleeting Nature of Short Forms, University of Angers, France, 18-20 April, 2018.
2) Modernity in crisis: representing the city in 19th century to 21st century literature, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris, France, 15 June, 2018.
January 22, 2018
‘Foreign Bodies and Native Sons’, The Annual Conference of the Irish Association for American Studies, University College Dublin, Ireland, 27-28 April, 2018.
January 30, 2018
From Tokens of Love to Archived Relics: Private Life and Material Culture in Indian Ocean Societies, University of Reunion Island, France, 21-22 November, 2018.
January 31, 2018
1) Frederick Douglass across and against Times, Places, and Disciplines, Paris, France, 11-13 October, 2018.
2) Screening the Industrial City, Saint Etienne, France, 8-9 November, 2018.
3) Third Biennial John Dos Passos Society Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 20-22 June, 2018.
4) 39th APEAA Meeting (Portuguese Association for Anglo-American Studies), Department of Linguistics and Literatures, University of Évora, 26-28 April, 2018.
5) Understanding America in a Time of Change: 12th Biennial Conference of the Hungarian Association for American Studies (HAAS 12), Budapest, Hungary, 25-26 May, 2018.
6) Recovering May Alcott Nieriker’s Life and Work, Univeresité Paris Diderot, Paris 7, France, 28 June 2018.
7) Periodicals In-Between: Periodicals in the Ecology of Print and Visual Cultures, 7th International Conference of the European Society for Periodical Research, Paris, 27-29 June, 2018.
February 1, 2018
Katherine Mansfield: New Directions, Birkbeck, University of London, UK, 28-29 June, 2018.
February 2, 2018
Historians of the Twentieth Century United States (HOTCUS), Madingley Conference Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, 13-15 June, 2018.
February 3, 2018
Crime Fiction: Insiders and Outsiders. Captivating Criminality 5, Corsham Court, Bath Spa University, UK, 28-30 June, 2018.
February 14, 2018
11th Annual Graduate Conference of the Graduate School of North American Studies: Follow the Yellow Brick Road? Challenging Approaches to Progress in North America, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany, 7-8 June, 2018 (EXTENDED DEADLINE).
February 15, 2018
1) 28th BAS Conference on British and American Studies, Timişoara, Romania, 17-19 May, 2018.
2) Transatlantic Conversations: New and Emerging Approaches to Early American Studies, Obama Institute for Transnational American Studies and the Society of Early Americanists, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany, 4-6 October, 2018.
3) English Literature in the World: From Manuscript to Digital | New Pathways, University of Lisbon, Portugal, 7-10 May, 2018.
February 16, 2018
Writing her/self in Text and Image in Anglophone Women’s Life Writing – international conference on women’s life writing, Paris Nanterre’s FAAAM group, Université Paris Nanterre, France, 28-29 September, 2018.
February 18, 2018
The Future of Genre: NFEAP 2018 , Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus), Oslo, Norway, 7-8 June, 2018.
February 21, 2018
Young Philologists of the 21st Century: a post-graduate conference, Technical University of Koszalin, Poland, 25 May, 2018.
February 26, 2018
International Conference The Future of Education: 8th edition, Florence, Italy, 28-29 June, 2018.
February 28, 2018
1) Techniques of the Fantastic, Ninth annual conference of the Gesellschaft für Fantastikforschung, University of Freiburg/Fribourg, Switzerland, 6-8 September, 2018.
2) Noir Aesthetics in World Literatures, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, 15 June, 2018.
March 1, 2018
1) The Art of James Joyce, XXVI International James Joyce Symposium, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 11-16 June, 2018.
2) Traditions and Transitions, Sofia, Bulgaria, 28-29 September, 2018.
3) Corporeal Archives: International Scientific Conference, Faculty of Media and Communications, Belgrade, Serbia, 1-2 June, 2018.
4) Open Covenants: Pasts and Futures of Global America, 10th Biennial Conference of the Swedish Association for American Studies (SAAS), Stockholm, Sweden, 28–30 September, 2018. (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
March 2, 2018
1) War and Peace: Victorian Popular Fiction Association’s 10th Annual Conference, Institute of English Studies, Senate House, London, UK, 3-7 July, 2018.
2) PhD Seminar in American History / American Studies, Roosevelt Institute for American Studies (RIAS), Middelburg, The Netherlands, 2-4 May, 2018.
March 7, 2018
Vulgarity in literature and the visual arts of the English-speaking world, Paris, France, 2 June, 2018.
March 15, 2018
1) Corpora and performance text: NACLA2, Avignon, France, 14-15 June, 2018.
2) Pies in the sky. Food in Great-Britain and in France: How Representations and Practices Have Changed, 18th-21st centuries, Bordeaux Montaigne University, France, 28-29 September, 2018.
March 25, 2018
Truth(s) and Alternative Facts, University of Bucharest, Romania, 7-9 June, 2018.
March 31, 2018
1) Word-Formation Theories III & Typology and Universals in Word-Formation IV, Department of British and American Studies, Faculty of Arts, Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice and SKASE, Košice, Slovakia, 27-30 June, 2018.
2) Transnationalism and Imperialism: New Perspectives on the Western, EMMA (Études Montpelliéraines du Monde Anglophone), CAS (Cultures Anglo-Saxonnes) and CORPUS (Conflits, Représentations et Dialogues dans le Monde Anglo-Saxon), Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3, France, 15-16 November, 2018.
3) Water: 2018 Annual Conference of the French Society for Scottish Studies, University François Rabelais, Tours, France, 8-10 November, 2018.
4) Representations of Age and Ageing in American Culture, Croatian Association for American Studies (CAAS), 6th Annual Workshop in American Studies, Zadar, Croatia, 15-16 June, 2018.
5) Decadence, Magic(k), and the Occult, Goldsmiths University, London, UK, 19-20 July, 2018.
April 1, 2018
Women’s Spring: Feminism, Nationalism and Civil Disobedience, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK, 21-23 June, 2018.
April 9, 2018
Challenges in Language: Language in Culture and Culture in Language, Institute of Foreign Languages, State University of Applied Sciences, Nowy Sącz, Poland, 29-30 May, 2018.
April 15, 2018
1) The Scottish diaspora in Poland and Central Europe in the 17th and 18th centuries, Krosno State College, Poland, 4-6 June, 2018.
2) Epochs re-echoing in European and American culture and literature, Belarusian Association for American Studies, Minsk, MSLU World Literature Department, Belarus, 14-16 May, 2018.
3) Living, Reading, Teaching and Translating in a World Dominated by the Culture of War and War of Cultures (CELLTTS-3), University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 28-29 September, 2018.
April 20, 2018
Mapping Cultural Identities: Translations and Intersections, Bucharest, Romania, 25-26 May, 2018.
April 30, 2018
May 30, 2018
Shakespeare on Screen in the Digital Era: The Montpellier Congress, Montpellier, France, 26-28 September, 2019.
May 31, 2018
Aftermath: The Fall and the Rise after the Event, Seventeenth International Conference on the Literature of Region and Nation, Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland, 25–27 October, 2018.
October 1, 2018
Reenchanting Urban Wildness: To Perceive, Think and Live With Nature in its Urban Environment, Perpignan, France, 11-14 June, 2019.