European conferences | Call for papers
October 1, 2018
1) Reenchanting Urban Wildness: To Perceive, Think and Live With Nature in its Urban Environment, Perpignan, France, 11-14 June, 2019.
2) Sapphic Vibes: Lesbians in Literature from the Renaissance to the Present, Université de Haute-Alsace, France, 14-15 March, 2019.
3) A ‘re-run’ through Gil SCOTT-HERON’s work, Université Paul-Valéry, Montpellier 3, France, 13-14 June, 2019.
October 14, 2018
EMI Practices in Europe, organized by Transnational Alignment of English Competences for University Lecturers (TAEC), University of Copenhagen,Denmark, 4-5 April, 2019.
October 15, 2018
1) Understanding (through) Annotations: 15th International Connotations Symposium, Eberhard Karls University Tübingen, Germany, 28 July-1 August, 2019.
2) Stonewall at 50 and Beyond: Interrogating the Legacy and Memory of the 1969 Riots, University of Paris-Est Créteil / Paris-Dauphine University (Paris-Sciences-et-Lettres), Paris, France, 3-5 June, 2019.
October 23, 2018
New Perspectives in Science Education International Conference, 8th edition, Florence, Italy, 21-22 March, 2019.
October 26, 2018
The Future of American Studies in the Netherlands Symposium, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. 14 December, 2018.
October 30, 2018
Influence, Disinformation, and Power in Europe and the Americas, University of Caen-Normandy, France, 17-19 January, 2019.
November 1, 2018
1) Reading and Writing the World: Perception and Identity in the Era of Climate Change, Université Paul-Valéry, Montpellier 3, France, 5-6 April, 2019.
2) The Influence of American Freemasonry and Fraternalism on 20th Century Politics, Society and Culture, University College Roosevelt, Middelburg, the Netherlands, 3 October, 2020.
3) Monuments, The Biennial Conference of the Nordic Association of American Studies, Bergen, Norway, 25 – 27 April, 2019. (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
4) Reading Practices in the Digital Age, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Sofia, Bulgaria, 26 November 2018.
November 5, 2018
1) 33rd International D.H. Lawrence Conference: D.H. Lawrence and the Anticipation of the Ecocritical Turn, Université de Paris Nanterre, France, 4-6 April, 2019.
2) Spatiality and Temporality: Conceptions and Perceptions of Time and Space
London, UK, 16-17 February, 2019.
November 10, 2018
1) Identity, Projection and the Other: International Conference on Film Studies, London, UK, 9 February, 2019.
2) The Aesthetics of Decay: Ghost Stories and Mysteries, London, UK, 23 February, 2019.
November 15, 2018
1) Ethics and specialised domains: the place, functions and forms of ethical considerations in specialised varieties of English: GERAS 40th International Conference, Université Panthéon-Assas-Paris 2, Paris, France, 21-23 March, 2019.
2) British Association for American Studies (BAAS) 2019 Conference, Centre for American Studies, University of Sussex, Brighton, United Kingdom, 25-27 April, 2019.
3) Mirror, Mirror: Perceptions, Deceptions, and Reflections in Time, London, UK, 9 March, 2019.
November 23, 2018
“Enter the Crowd”: Mass Communication in Early Modern England. Shakespeare Graduate Conference – British Institute of Florence, Italy, 12 April, 2019.
November 25, 2018
Joyce’s Feast of Languages: The XII James Joyce Italian Foundation Conference, Rome, Italy, 31 January – 1 February, 2019.
November 28, 2018
Literature, Law and Psychoanalysis, 1890-1950, University of Sheffield, UK, 11-13 April, 2019.
November 30, 2018
1) Recycling Woolf, organised by IDEA, with the collaboration of : Institut des Textes et de Manuscrits Modernes, The Italian Virginia Woolf Society, Société d’Etudes Woolfiennes, Université de Lorraine, Nancy, France, 27-29 June, 2019.
2) 13th International IDEA Conference: Studies in English, Gaziantep University, Department of English Language & Literature & The English Language & Literature Research Association of Turkey (IDEA), Ganziatep, Turkey, 24-26 April, 2019.
3) Cultural Literacy & Cosmopolitan Conviviality, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Lisbon, Portugal, 9-11 May, 2019.
December 1, 2018
1) Monuments, Museums and Murals: Preservation, Commemoration and American Identity, 39th International American Studies Conference, American Studies Association of Turkey (ASAT), Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Turkey, 15–17 May, 2019.
2) Stonewall at 50 and Beyond: Interrogating the Legacy and Memory of the 1969 Riots, University of Paris-Est Créteil and Paris-Dauphine University (Paris-Sciences-et-Lettres), Paris, France, 3-5 June, 2019.
December 7, 2018
The British Society for Literature and Science Fourteenth Annual Conference, Royal Holloway University of London, London, UK, 4-6 April, 2019.
December 10, 2018
1) Somewhere In Between: Borders and Borderlands, London Center for Interdisciplinary Research, London, UK, 6 April, 2019.
2) Gender and Power: International Conference on Gender Studies, London Center for Interdisciplinary Research, London, UK, 2 March, 2019.
December 12, 2018
What Intersectionality Does – or Does not Do – to Activism, 15th National Conference of the French Association of Political Science (AFSP), Sciences Po Bordeaux, France, 2-4 July, 2019.
December 14, 2018
6th International Language in Focus Conference, organized by Cukurova University, Turkey, The University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College, Greece and the South-East European Research Centre (SEERC), held in Dubrovnik, Croatia, 2 – 4 May, 2019.
December 15, 2018
1) Feminism and Technoscience, Third Biennial European Association for American Studies (EAAS) Women’s Network Symposium together with the Hellenic Association for American Studies, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece, 6 April, 2019.
2) Call for workshop proposals: 8th Biennial International Conference on the Linguistics of Contemporary English (BICLCE 2019), University of Bamberg, Bamberg, Germany, 26-28 September, 2019.
3) Vladimir Nabokov : History and Geography, International Symposium, Sorbonne University / University of Cergy-Pontoise, Paris, Frnace, 6-8 June 2019.
December 16, 2018
Neo-Victorianism and the Senses: Sensing the Past, University of Surrey, UK, 13 March, 2019.
December 20, 2018
Powerful Literary Fiction Texts: a Stylistic, Empirical and Performance-based Approach, Brighton, UK, 19-21 June, 2019.
December 30, 2018
Words, Music and Gender, University of Maribor, Slovenia, 24-25 May, 2019.
December 31, 2018
Call for main session papers and poster presentations: 8th Biennial International Conference on the Linguistics of Contemporary English (BICLCE 2019), University of Bamberg, Bamberg, Germany, 26-28 September, 2019.
January 4, 2019
Arts Patronage in Modern America, Rothermere American Institute, University of Oxford, 26-28 June, 2019.
January 13, 2019
Brexit and Beyond: Nation and Identity: 2019 SAUTE conference, Department of English, Universität Basel, Switerland, 3-4 May, 2019.
January 15, 2019
1) Short Fiction as Humble Fiction, Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier-3, France, 17-19 October, 2019.
2) 6thInternational Conference of the English Department (BELLS 90), Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia, 30 May – 1 June, 2019.
3) American Islands: Outposts of Security, Prosperity, and Culture, organized by the Roosevelt Institute for American Studies and the Université de Strasbourg, Middelburg, the Netherlands, 22 May, 2019.
January 25, 2019
Federal Theatre Project (1935-39): context & issues, Université Toulouse Jean Jaurès, Toulouse, France, 17-19 October, 2019.
January 31, 2019
1) Researching Metaphor – cognitive and other, Genova, Italy, 13-15 May, 2019.
2) Canadian (Re)Visions: Futures, Changes, Revolutions / Les (Re)Visions canadiennes: Projections, Changements, Révolutions, 8th Congress of Polish Canadianists / 8ème Congrès des Canadianistes Polonais, Łódź, Poland, 25-27 September, 2019.
3) Short Forms and Adolescence, University of Angers, France, 19-21 June, 2019.
February 1, 2019
1) Melville’s Measures, Univ. de Lille, Univ. Paris Diderot, France, 17-19 October, 2019.
2) Nonviolence and Intercultural Dialogue, London Center for Interdisciplinary Research, London, UK, 8-9 June, 2019.
3) The Democratisation of History: International Conference on Digital Humanities, London Center for Interdisciplinary Research, London, UK, 18 May, 2019.
4) Realities, Alternatives and Possibilities: International Conference on Urban Studies, London Center for Interdisciplinary Research, London, UK, 11 May, 2019.
Februrary 10, 2019
Shapes of Futures: Third interdisciplinary conference, University of Bielsko-Biała, Poland, 1-2 March, 2019.
February 15, 2019
1) The Postmillennial Sensibility in Anglophone Literatures, Cultures and Media II, Košice, Slovakia, 27-29 June, 2019.
2) British and American Studies: 29th International Conference, The English Department of the Faculty of Letters, University of Timişoara, Romania, 16-18 May, 2019.
3) Cultural Texts and Contexts in the English Speaking World, University of Oradea, Oradea, Romania, 22-23 March, 2019.
4) Pilgrimages and Tourism, London Center for Interdisciplinary Research, Cambridge, UK, 15-16 June, 2019.
March 1, 2019
1) Illustration and Adaptation, University of Burgundy, France, 10-11 October, 2019.
2) 2nd Biennial International Conference on Redefining Australia and New Zealand: Changes, Innovations, Reversals, The Institute of English Studies, University of Warsaw, Poland, 16-17 September, 2019.
March 4, 2019
The Future of Education Conference, Florence, Italy, 27-28 June, 2019.
March 11, 2019
Over_Seas: Melville, Whitman, and All the Intrepid Sailors, School of Arts and Humanities of the University of Lisbon, Lisbon , Portugal, 3-5 July, 2019.
March 25, 2019
Struggle for Recognition: identity-formation and subjectivation: 8th International Conference on Language, Literature & Culture, Brest, France, 6-7 June, 2019.
April 30, 2019
1) Women Who Made History: 3rd International Conference on Arts and Humanities, Nicosia, Cyprus, 4-7 June, 2019.
2) The Sound of Silence in American Literature, Culture and Politics, XXXI Annual Conference of Polish Association for American Studies, University of Opole, Poland, October 23-25, 2019.
May 20, 2019
Addressing Readers: The Pragmatics of Communication from the First Printed Novels in English to 20th-and 21st-Century Digital Fiction, University Paul-Valéry Montpellier III, Montpellier, France, 28-29 November, 2019.