European conferences | Call for papers
February 1, 2018
Katherine Mansfield: New Directions, Birkbeck, University of London, UK, 28-29 June, 2018.
February 2, 2018
Historians of the Twentieth Century United States (HOTCUS), Madingley Conference Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, 13-15 June, 2018.
February 3, 2018
Crime Fiction: Insiders and Outsiders. Captivating Criminality 5, Corsham Court, Bath Spa University, UK, 28-30 June, 2018.
February 14, 2018
11th Annual Graduate Conference of the Graduate School of North American Studies: Follow the Yellow Brick Road? Challenging Approaches to Progress in North America, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany, 7-8 June, 2018 (EXTENDED DEADLINE).
February 15, 2018
1) 28th BAS Conference on British and American Studies, Timişoara, Romania, 17-19 May, 2018.
2) Transatlantic Conversations: New and Emerging Approaches to Early American Studies, Obama Institute for Transnational American Studies and the Society of Early Americanists, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany, 4-6 October, 2018.
3) English Literature in the World: From Manuscript to Digital | New Pathways, University of Lisbon, Portugal, 7-10 May, 2018.
February 16, 2018
Writing her/self in Text and Image in Anglophone Women’s Life Writing – international conference on women’s life writing, Paris Nanterre’s FAAAM group, Université Paris Nanterre, France, 28-29 September, 2018.
February 18, 2018
The Future of Genre: NFEAP 2018 , Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences (Høgskolen i Oslo og Akershus), Oslo, Norway, 7-8 June, 2018.
February 21, 2018
Young Philologists of the 21st Century: a post-graduate conference, Technical University of Koszalin, Poland, 25 May, 2018.
February 26, 2018
International Conference The Future of Education: 8th edition, Florence, Italy, 28-29 June, 2018.
February 28, 2018
1) Techniques of the Fantastic, Ninth annual conference of the Gesellschaft für Fantastikforschung, University of Freiburg/Fribourg, Switzerland, 6-8 September, 2018.
2) Noir Aesthetics in World Literatures, University of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK, 15 June, 2018.
March 1, 2018
1) The Art of James Joyce, XXVI International James Joyce Symposium, University of Antwerp, Belgium, 11-16 June, 2018.
2) Traditions and Transitions, Sofia, Bulgaria, 28-29 September, 2018.
3) Corporeal Archives: International Scientific Conference, Faculty of Media and Communications, Belgrade, Serbia, 1-2 June, 2018.
4) Open Covenants: Pasts and Futures of Global America, 10th Biennial Conference of the Swedish Association for American Studies (SAAS), Stockholm, Sweden, 28–30 September, 2018. (EXTENDED DEADLINE)
March 2, 2018
1) War and Peace: Victorian Popular Fiction Association’s 10th Annual Conference, Institute of English Studies, Senate House, London, UK, 3-7 July, 2018.
2) PhD Seminar in American History / American Studies, Roosevelt Institute for American Studies (RIAS), Middelburg, The Netherlands, 2-4 May, 2018.
March 7, 2018
Vulgarity in literature and the visual arts of the English-speaking world, Paris, France, 2 June, 2018.
March 15, 2018
1) Corpora and performance text: NACLA2, Avignon, France, 14-15 June, 2018.
2) Pies in the sky. Food in Great-Britain and in France: How Representations and Practices Have Changed, 18th-21st centuries, Bordeaux Montaigne University, France, 28-29 September, 2018.
3) Writing Renaissance Experience – Experiencing Renaissance Writing, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany, 5-6 July, 2018.
4) American Im/Mobilities, Austrian Association for American Studies, University of Vienna, Austria, 16-18 November, 2018.
March 25, 2018
March 31, 2018
1) Word-Formation Theories III & Typology and Universals in Word-Formation IV, Department of British and American Studies, Faculty of Arts, Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice and SKASE, Košice, Slovakia, 27-30 June, 2018.
2) Transnationalism and Imperialism: New Perspectives on the Western, EMMA (Études Montpelliéraines du Monde Anglophone), CAS (Cultures Anglo-Saxonnes) and CORPUS (Conflits, Représentations et Dialogues dans le Monde Anglo-Saxon), Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3, France, 15-16 November, 2018.
3) Water: 2018 Annual Conference of the French Society for Scottish Studies, University François Rabelais, Tours, France, 8-10 November, 2018.
4) Representations of Age and Ageing in American Culture, Croatian Association for American Studies (CAAS), 6th Annual Workshop in American Studies, Zadar, Croatia, 15-16 June, 2018.
5) Decadence, Magic(k), and the Occult, Goldsmiths University, London, UK, 19-20 July, 2018.
6) Feminisms In Motion: Migrations, Upheavals, Relocations, CINiBA, Katowice, Poland, 4-6 October, 2018.
April 1, 2018
Women’s Spring: Feminism, Nationalism and Civil Disobedience, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK, 21-23 June, 2018.
April 9, 2018
Challenges in Language: Language in Culture and Culture in Language, Institute of Foreign Languages, State University of Applied Sciences, Nowy Sącz, Poland, 29-30 May, 2018.
April 15, 2018
1) The Scottish diaspora in Poland and Central Europe in the 17th and 18th centuries, Krosno State College, Poland, 4-6 June, 2018.
2) Epochs re-echoing in European and American culture and literature, Belarusian Association for American Studies, Minsk, MSLU World Literature Department, Belarus, 14-16 May, 2018.
3) Living, Reading, Teaching and Translating in a World Dominated by the Culture of War and War of Cultures (CELLTTS-3), University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, 28-29 September, 2018.
April 16, 2018
Cultural Itineraries: Research and Innovation: 2nd TEM Conference on Local Development Innovation, Tourism and Place Branding, (Università della Valle d’Aosta – Université de la Vallée d’Aoste) Forte di Bard, Bard, Aosta Valley, Italy, 7-8 June, 2018.
April 20, 2018
1) Mapping Cultural Identities: Translations and Intersections, Bucharest, Romania, 25-26 May, 2018.
2) Scotland in Europe, Conference IV, University of Warsaw, Poland, 26-28 September, 2018.
April 30, 2018
1) The Essay: Present Histories, Present Futures, University of Malta, 11-13 April, 2019.
2) Romanticism and Time, Université de Lille, France, 8-10 November, 2018.
3) The Reception of Contemporary French Thought Through the Prism of Translation, TRACT Conference, Paris 3-Sorbonne nouvelle, France, 12-13 October, 2018.
4) The Genres of Genre: A Conference on Form, Format, and Cultural Formations, Swiss Association for North American Studies, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland, November 2-3, 2018.
5) Tourism, cinema and TV series, Université de Lille 3, France, 12 October, 2018.
May 1, 2018
1) Romanticism in the Age of World Wars, Leuven, Belgium, 11-13 November, 2018.
2) Traditions and Transitions, 90th anniversary of the Department of English and American Studies and the 130th anniversary of Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Sofia, Bulgaria, 28-30 September, 2018.
May 15, 2018
1) Innovation and Experiment in Contemporary Irish Fiction, Leuven Centre for Irish Studies, KU Leuven, Belgium, 29 November – 1 December, 2018.
2) “Life’s but a walking shadow”: Perceptions of and Reflections on Transience in Medieval and Medieval-Inspired Literature, Sixth Medieval Fantasy Symposium, Mielno-Unieście, Poland, 23-26 August, 2018.
May 30, 2018
Shakespeare on Screen in the Digital Era: The Montpellier Congress, Montpellier, France, 26-28 September, 2019.
May 31, 2018
1) Aftermath: The Fall and the Rise after the Event, Seventeenth International Conference on the Literature of Region and Nation, Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland, 25–27 October, 2018.
2) The Rhetoric of Prayer, Corpus Christi College, Oxford, UK, 3 November, 2018.
June 1, 2018
(Re-)Mobilizing voters: electoral strategies and practices in the English-speaking world, 1867-2017, Université Grenoble Alpes, France, 8 February, 2019.
June 15, 2018
Crossroads II: City/Non-City, Institute of Modern Languages, University of Białystok, Poland, 29-30 November, 2018.
September 1, 2018
Place and Placelessness in Postcolonial Short Fiction, Montpellier, France, 13-15 June, 2019.
September 15, 2018
Speaking in Tongues: Celebrating Walt Whitman in Translation, Université Paris-Est Créteil, June 13-14, 2019.
October 1, 2018
Reenchanting Urban Wildness: To Perceive, Think and Live With Nature in its Urban Environment, Perpignan, France, 11-14 June, 2019.