As approved in our last AEDEAN General Assembly, the 46th AEDEAN Conference will be organized by the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. It will take place in Las Palmas on November 8-10, 2023.
Author Guidelines for AEDEAN 46 Conference (Proposal submission until May 31, 2023; DEADLINE EXTENDED until June 7, 2023):
1. Abstracts are to be submitted in either English or Spanish. The same contribution can only be submitted to one panel. Please remember that authors can submit two contributions at the most.
- Papers: abstracts (400-500 words, excluding title, references and keywords). It should state objectives and aims, theoretical framework and methodology, analysis, structure and linguistic correctness, results and conclusions.
- Round tables: abstracts (2,500 words maximum, excluding title, references and keywords). The proposal should include both the individual abstracts (400-500 words each) and an abstract by the chair on the development of the round table (summarising previous research, setting the scope of the presentations and including open questions to engage with the audience).
- Workshops: abstracts (400-500 words, excluding title, references and keywords) should state the practical component of the presentation.Please remove personal details from your submission, and include references to multiple authors like this: author 1, author 2, etc.
3. Format: Abstracts will be submitted following the template available on the AEDEAN website. The text should be submitted single-spaced. Use Times New Roman (12 point). Place the title at the top and centre of the page on which the text begins. Capitalise only the first letter of the first word and all other significant words (nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs) as well as proper nouns. Always capitalise the last word. Do not use period after titles. References should follow the guidelines of the Chicago Style (please check Atlantis website, if in doubt).
4. Submission: Authors must submit their contribution (.doc, .docx files) using the template provided on the AEDEAN website accompanied by the following, if necessary:
- A PDF file for the abstract in case you use special characters.
- If the author wishes to apply for ‘Catalina Montes’ award, s/he is required to submit proof of status (PhD candidate or Doctor within the same year of the AEDEAN Conference).
5. Please go to LOGIN (46th AEDEAN Conference-Las Palmas de Gran Canaria) to access the intranet. If you submitted a proposal through our intranet based on OJS system before, please use your same credentials (your email address as username and your password). Please note that if you changed your password when accessing the Ebook platform, you will probably have to reset your password. If you are submitting a proposal for the first time through the intranet, please use your email address as username (the same you gave when joining in AEDEAN i.e. email@example.com) and click on ‘Have you forgotten your password? If you have recently changed your email address, please let us know as soon as possible by sending an email to the Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. If you have any queries about submissions please contact Francisco Gallardo del Puerto and Javier Ruano García at email@example.com. If you have recently changed your email address, please contact Javier Ruano García at firstname.lastname@example.org.