Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
Founded in Seville in 1976, AEDEAN stands for “Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos” (Spanish Association of Anglo-American Studies). According to our constitution, AEDEAN’s main aim is “to encourage, stimulate and promote in Spain the study and research of language, literature, linguistics, critical theory, geography, institutions and, in general, the culture of English-speaking countries.”
AEDEAN has a current membership of about 1.200, which includes university professors, lecturers and graduate students both from Spanish universities and abroad. The interests of its members are very wide. They range from theoretical, historical and applied linguistics to all literatures written in English, as well as cultural studies, literary theory, film studies, comparative literature, feminist and gender studies, and so on.
After our last conference at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, we are already engaged in the preparations for AEDEAN’s 47th conference in Sevilla. The conference website is now available at https://eventos.upo.es/91834/detail/47th-aedean-conference.html
- Call for papers for 47th AEDEAN conference open until May 1st - The Call for papers for our next AEDEAN conference is now open! Please check the AEDEAN webpage for details about abstract submissions.
- Call for papers V Seminario de Doctorado AEDEAN - The Call for Papers for the V Seminario de Doctorado AEDEAN is now open! It will take place on July 4-5, 2024 at the University of Cantabria in Santander. The[...]
- New Executive Board - On November 10, the AEDEAN Assembly bid farewell to President Alberto Lázaro and Board Member Francisco Gallardo, and welcomed Rosario Arias and Lucía Loureiro. For details about the Executive Board,[...]
- ESSE research support schemes for 2023 - Dear members of AEDEAN, It is my pleasure to inform you that the announcements for various ESSE research support schemes for 2024 are now posted at the ESSE website https://essenglish.org Here[...]
- Convocada la ayuda a la investigación en estudios norteamericanos «Margaret Fuller» - Ayuda Margaret Fuller En el marco de su plan de investigación anual, el Instituto Franklin-UAH colabora con la Asociación de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos (AEDEAN) en la concesión de una ayuda de 1600 €[...]