Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
If you wish to submit an abstract proposal for 41st AEDEAN Conference in La Laguna, Tenerife, Canaries (8-10 November 2017), please click on NEXT CONFERENCE
Next AEDEAN Conference
The Organising Committee of the 41st AEDEAN Conference welcomes you to our website and is pleased to invite you to this new edition of the AEDEAN Conference, which will take place next 8-10 November 2017 in La Laguna, hosted by the Department of English and German Philology (University of La Laguna).
On this website, you will find information about our historic University, which is celebrating this year its 225th anniversary, and the city of La Laguna, which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999. You will also find practical information concerning travelling, accommodation, the academic programme, social activities and updates. If you have any queries please contact us at email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to encourage you to participate actively, both in the academic sessions —panels, round tables, book presentations, etc.— and in the social activities that we will be offering. Remember that there are also a number of awards and grants that participants can apply for.
We look forward to seeing you all in November at our next AEDEAN conference in La Laguna.
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: The International Forum for U.S. Studies – RESEARCH RESIDENCIES FELLOWSHIPS SPRING 2018 - IFUSS: The International Forum for U.S. Studies: A Center for the Transnational Study of the United States, at The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign announces new FellowshipsTHE ‘OTHER’ BORDER: Canada[...]
- HCA Spring Academy conference on American Culture, Geography, History, Literature, Politics & Religion - The Heidelberg Center for American Studies (HCA) invites applications from international Ph.D. students for its fifteenth annual HCA Spring Academy conference on American Culture, Geography, History, Literature, Politics & Religion.[...]
- American Art journal’s thirtieth anniversary issue (Summer 2017) - The Summer 2017 issue of American Art (vol. 31, no. 2), the scholarly journal co-published by the Smithsonian American Art Museum and the University of Chicago Press, is out. This issue[...]
- OAH Willi Paul Adams & David Thelen Awards (American history published in a language other than English) - The announcements for the upcoming OAH Willi Paul Adams Award (2019) and David Thelen Award (2020) are available on the OAH website at:http://www.oah.org/programs/awards/willi-paul-adams-award/http://www.oah.org/programs/awards/david-thelen-award/ The Adams award is given every two years[...]
- SYMPOSIUM: “The Course of Empires: American-Italian Cultural Relations, 1770–1980,” Oct 19-20, 2017 - The Course of Empires: American-Italian Cultural Relations, 1770–1980 Thursday and Friday, October 19–20, 2017 Smithsonian American Art Museum This two-day symposium will examine the persistent fascination of American and Italian[...]