Welcome to AEDEAN Asociación Española de Estudios Anglo-Norteamericanos
If you wish to submit an abstract proposal for 41st AEDEAN Conference in La Laguna, Tenerife, Canaries (8-10 November 2017), please click on NEXT CONFERENCE
Next AEDEAN Conference
The Organising Committee of the 41st AEDEAN Conference welcomes you to our website and is pleased to invite you to this new edition of the AEDEAN Conference, which will take place next 8-10 November 2017 in La Laguna, hosted by the Department of English and German Philology (University of La Laguna).
On this website, you will find information about our historic University, which is celebrating this year its 225th anniversary, and the city of La Laguna, which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999. You will also find practical information concerning travelling, accommodation, the academic programme, social activities and updates. If you have any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
We would like to encourage you to participate actively, both in the academic sessions —panels, round tables, book presentations, etc.— and in the social activities that we will be offering. Remember that there are also a number of awards and grants that participants can apply for.
We look forward to seeing you all in November at our next AEDEAN conference in La Laguna.
- PhD Scholarships at the RIAS - from 1 September 2017, the Roosevelt Institute for American Studies will be awarding several four-year scholarships to complete a PhD in American History / American Studies. The Roosevelt Institute The[...]
- First (free) Gamified Intercultural Telecollaboration for Foreign Language Learning Seminar - We are pleased to announce our first Gamified Intercultural Telecollaboration for Foreign Language Learning Seminar, aimed at secondary school and further education modern languages teachers. The event is organized by[...]
- Edward Orsborn Professor of US Politics and Political History, and Director of the Rothermere American Institute - The University of Oxford is seeking to appoint an outstanding academic and leader to the Edward Orsborn Professorship and Directorship of the Rothermere American Institute. The successful candidate will be[...]
- War Memories: Celebrations, Reconstructions, Representations, War narratives in the English-speaking world (18th to the 21st century) Royal Military College of Canada, Kingston, Ontario, 12-14 June 2018 Deadline for proposals: 15 October 2017 - War Memories: Celebrations, Reconstructions, Representations, War narratives in the English-speaking world (18th to the 21st century) An initiative with roots stemming from the “Anglophonie: Communautés, Écritures” Laboratory of the University[...]
- OAH Willi Paul Adams & David Thelen Awards - The Adams award is given every two years for the best book on American history published in a language other than English. The Thelen award is given every two years[...]