Dear members of AEDEAN,
It is my pleasure to inform you that the announcements for various ESSE research support schemes for 2024 are now posted at the ESSE website https://essenglish.org
Here is the list of various support schemes that ESSE offers, all posted at https://essenglish.org/research-and-support/
· ESSE bursaries for both senior and junior scholars, for study trips: https://essenglish.org/bursaries-for-research-trips/. The deadline for application is 1 February 2024.
· ESSE bursaries for Gender studies within English studies, a new category of bursary similar to the regular ones, introduced in 2022, and continued in 2023 and 2024: https://essenglish.org/bursaries-for-gender-studies/. The deadline for application is 1 February 2024.
· ESSE book and resources grant, the old support scheme which is now expanded to include not only books but other research resources as well:https://essenglish.org/book-and-resource-grants/. The deadline for application is 1 May 2024.
· ESSE collaborative project workshop scheme, for groups of researchers: https://essenglish.org/collaborative-project-scheme/. The deadline for application is 31 March 2024.
· ESSE Doctoral Symposium, for PhD students working on their dissertations: https://wp.unil.ch/esse2024/calls-for-participation/call-for-the-doctoral-symposium/ The deadline for application is 31 January 2024.
· ESSE Book Awards, a biannual competition for the best books by ESSE members, published in 2022 or 2023, in the fields of English language and linguistics, Literatures in the English language, and Cultural and area studies in English. https://essenglish.org/book-awards/ The deadline for submission of books is 1 February 2024.
There are also two support schemes for the national associations:
· Conference plenary speaker support https://essenglish.org/conference-plenary-speaker-support/, to invite plenary speakers to their national associations’ conferences,
· ESSE conference parallel speaker support https://essenglish.org/parallel-speaker-support/, to co- fund the trips of the parallel lecturers from national associations at the ESSE-17 conference in Lausanne.
I would also like to remind you that the currently open call for individual papers and posters in various seminars in ESSE-17 conference in Lausanne, from 26-30 August 2024, is now available at https://wp.unil.ch/esse2024/calls-for-participation/call-for-individual-papers-and-posters/. The deadline is 31 January 2024.