Here is the list of various support schemes that ESSE offers, all posted at https://essenglish.org/research-and-support/:
- ESSE bursaries for both senior and junior scholars, for study trips: https://essenglish.org/bursaries-for-research-trips/. 1 March 2023.
- ESSE bursaries for Gender studies within English studies, a new category of bursary similar to the regular ones, introduced in 2022, and continued in 2023: https://essenglish.org/bursaries-for-gender-studies/. 1 March 2023.
- ESSE book and resources grant, the old support scheme which is now expanded to include not only books but other research resources as well:https://essenglish.org/book-and-resource-grants/. 1 May 2023.
- ESSE collaborative project workshop scheme, for groups of researchers: https://essenglish.org/collaborative-project-scheme/. The d1 March 2023.
- ESSE Doctoral Symposium, for PhD students working on their dissertations: https://essenglish.org/doctoral-symposium/ . The d15 February 2023.
There are also two support schemes for the national associations:
- Conference plenary speaker support https://essenglish.org/conference-plenary-speaker-support/ to invite plenary speakers to their national associations’ conferences,
- ESSE conference parallel speaker support https://essenglish.org/parallel-speaker-support/
The details of the various calls for participation for the ESSE-17 conference in Lausanne (26-30 August 2024) will be available in 2023 at https://wp.unil.ch/esse2024/.